Thursday, April 7, 2011

Throwback Thursday- Ashanti



Happy Thursday! You know every week we do #throwbackthursdays to reminisce about the good old days when music was actually something worth listening to. This week's post is about one of my all time favorite singers... Ashanti! Ashanti has always been one of the flyest artists out there. When she first came out in 2002, she was the first female artist to simultaneously hold the two top spots for the Billboard Hot 100 with "What's Luv" and "Foolish". On top of that her debut album sold 503,000 copies in its first week, making her the first new female artist to sell the most records.

Ashanti's debut album was one of those albums that I died to have. I remember my mom, my godmother and myself all went out and bought a copy a piece the first day it came out. That album is timeless and I could listen to it all the way through over and over. Every song that she does is usually a hit. She's one of those people that the world loves, I think it's because her personality shines through as well. She just seems so real. Recently spotted at her little sister Shia's 22nd birthday party in the pic above, you can see that she still has "it". 

Check below for some of her old videos and songs. Do you think she'll come out with another album? And if so how well do you think she will sell? I hope she has something in the works! The R&B game needs her!

Xoxo,
LaBellaBoss <3




"Foolish"





"Happy" feat Ja Rule





"Rain On Me"





"Rock With U"





"The Way That I Love You"





"Good Good"




"Baby"





"Don't Let Them" (One of my favs!)





"What's Luv" with Fat Joe





"Only You"

2 comments:

  1. "Do you think she'll come out with another album? And if so how well do you think she will sell? I hope she has something in the works! The R&B game needs her!"

    ^^^^^
    No she definitely didn't die..

    ReplyDelete