Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Reigning Queen


I'm willing to bet money that any time the question "Who is the Queen of Hip Hop & R&B?" is asked, Mary J Blige's name comes up. Mary J is one of my all time favorites, but I'm sure that goes for everyone who loves hip hop and R&B. For as long as I can remember, Mary has been one of the select few that can incorporate hip hop and R&B into one. I swear she even has the hardest gangstas finding themselves humming along to her jams lol. On top of that, she makes timeless music. You don't find too many artists with songs from over a decade ago that still get regular airplay and bang in the club. Mary is THAT chic!!

She just recently came out with a new single called "Someone to Love Me" with Diddy and Wayne on the remix. This is one of my favorite songs out right now! That hard body beat with her soulful voice is just perfect. She paved the way for so many female artists, showing that you can still be about R&B but run with the big boys too. The best thing about her is that no matter what she just won't let up... How many female artists were making hits in the early 90's and are still making them today? Very few and other than Sade' I can't think of any right now. So today's #throwbackthursday is dedicated to none other than "The Queen of Hip Hop and R&B"... Mary J Blige!

Check out her new video above if you haven't already... and as usual, below I've listed some of my favorite songs/videos from her in the past. Mary J is the true definition of a Boss Chic! #bawse


XOXO,
LaBellaBoss <3


"Real Love"



"You Remind Me"



"Seven Days"



"All That I Can Say"



"Reminisce"



"Your Child"



"I Can Love You" feat Lil Kim (MY JAM!!)



"Everything"



"Be Without You"



"Not Gon' Cry"... You can feel the pain in the words when she sings!

No comments:

Post a Comment