Thursday, March 17, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Missy Elliott



Last week I seemed to have forgotten all about Throwback Thursdays, but this week I'm making up for it with a banger... Missy Elliott has always been one of my favorite artists ever since she came out with Timbaland and Magoo back in the 90's. Missy and her crew including the likes of Ginuwine, Aaliyah, Nicole Wray, etc used to lay down the hottest songs ever! I can't think of any songs that she's touched that I haven't liked. She's worked with Faith Evans, Tweet, Keyshia Cole, Lil Kim, Ciara, Trina, Ludacris and plenty more and basically every song has been a hit.

Not only is her music hot, but it's always so ahead of the game. If you go back and listen to her old songs, it's pretty much timeless music. You could still listen to it now like it's brand new, and if no one knew the song they wouldn't know any better. I also love how Missy was never afraid to be herself. When she first started in the game, she came out wearing crazy clothes and her videos were always off the wall. I respected her for doing something different, rather than the usual overtly sexual things other female mc's were doing. Now of course I can't list all her songs and videos but I did list some of my favorites. Check them out below and feel free to leave any comments if these songs take you back to certain memories you'd like to share!

SN: Missy is the only female rapper to ever have six certified platinum albums including her double platinum album Under Construction in 2002... Now that's #bawse

XoXo,



LaBellaBoss <3



"Lose Control" w/ Ciara






"Work It"





"One Minute Man" feat Trina & Ludacris





"Sock It To Me" feat Da Brat





"Get Your Freak On" Remix feat Nelly Furtado





"Get Your Freak On" (Original Version)





"Why You All In My Grill" feat Nicole Wray & MC Solarr (#loveit)





"Hot Boyz" Remix feat Nas, Eve & Q-Tip (they ripped it!)





"I Can't Stand The Rain"





"P****cat" feat Tweet





"Gossip Folks" feat Ms. Jade & Ludacris

No comments:

Post a Comment