Friday, March 25, 2011

Sometimes None Is Better Than Some



How mad does it make you when people offer up "advice" to you without you asking for any help?? And how often do you find that people's so called "advice" turns out being criticism? Better yet, they start giving you advice but don't really know the details of your situation so everything they're saying is irrelevant. To me the worst thing is when people say they're only trying to help, but while they're "helping" they're actually telling you what THEY would do. (Makes me wanna say well you AINT me lol).

I find myself stuck in this situation way too much for my likings. I really get out of my element when people start giving me what they think is advice, without me even asking or stating that I have a problem. Most of the time, this issue arrises from the people around you or people you associate with. I think that's because when you are around people for so long, you start to feel like you know them and you can read them. BUT I personally believe that no matter how much you think you know someone or are around someone, there is no way on earth to know everything they go through. You have to remember that you can only see what people allow you to see about their lives. So you can't just start flying off at the mouth trying to give advice, when you don't even know the full details of the situation.

What burns me up the most is when the advice turns negative. You know how that goes, "Girl bye you stupid for doing that"... "Couldn't be me".... "You need to ____ and stop ____"... Get it? I can't stand that type of "advice". Who is it helping? Definitely not me, because as soon as they start talking like that I tune them out #letsbehonest. If I feel like I'm being attacked about a choice that I made that is only affecting me, I will not listen. You can call it stubborn but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I mean if what I'm doing is affecting only me, not affecting my health, my job, my sanity, or my surroundings, don't come at me because you don't agree with it. Now I'm not saying if you have friends or family who are doing dumb ish, for you to just ignore it. Try to approach them differently, and stop pointing fingers and being negative. I promise you're wasting your breath.

At the end of the day, there is ALWAYS gonna be someone who will give you their opinion whether you like it or not. There's always that one family member, one friend, co-worker, etc who will feel like being Dr. Phil for the day and try to interfere with your choices. If you're anything like me, you will still do what you want but you'll have it burned in your memory what that person suggested. And if you're not completely sure with what you want or what is right for you, your thoughts WILL change because you allowed someone to get in your head. Don't do it. The best way to get rid of unwanted advice is to nip it in the bud before they even get their first sentence out... Wipe your own mirror before trying to clean someone else's ;) #bawse

XoXo,

LaBellaBoss <3

2 comments:

  1. One of the best blogs so far. Thanks for the advice of not giving people advice lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo feelin this post! People can always give advise but are so lost when it comes to their own life !

    ReplyDelete