Monday, February 13, 2012

[Positive Monday] Expect Back What You Give

Happy Monday Bosses and Boss Chics! It's the week after my birthday and I'm so sad to see it go. I wish I could celebrate my birthday year round lol, although then it wouldn't be as significant I suppose. Anywho I really enjoyed my birthday as I hadn't done anything special on the actual day in years. It felt good to know that someone cared enough to spend the day with me!

On another note, my birthday also made me realize some not so great things. I had two people VERY close to me not wish me a happy birthday at all. When I confronted one about it, the response I received was so selfish I was shocked that this person would even say this. They basically didn't wish me a happy birthday because they didn't see me that day. Mind you they text or call me for any and everything under the sun when needed. It's crazy how people can put themselves first through everything, not caring about how they make you feel at the end of the day. I was kind of upset about it at first, then I realized how great of a day I had overall so I chose not to let it get to me.

The other person, I pretty much expected it from... But I've been there for this person since day one and they just don't exhibit that back. And again I was upset at first but at the end of the day, life goes on. I said all of that to say that you can't make other people be there for you like you are there for them. You can only give them what you would expect to be given back plus more. I try to go above and beyond when it comes to being there for people and showing appreciation because I expect the same in return. That way at the end of the day, they could never say that you weren't there for them.

As I grow in age, I find myself growing in life and wisdom as well. I'm no genius or certified counselor, but I pick up on people's attitudes and ways very easily. I don't say much about certain things because I prefer to keep my feelings to myself, but I notice everything. This has made me realize that I give way too much of myself and I expect too much from others. But you know why? It's because I give people all of me, therefore I expect the same.

I don't know if this is a good way to be because right now you could say it doesn't get me very far, but I think one day everything you do for others pays off. People remember you for what you do for them and how you treat them. I've always wanted to be remembered for having a good heart and being a caring person, so I'm a giver not receiver. Do you think it's better to go above and beyond for others or only give them what they give you?? I guess it's all about what type of person you are! Share your thoughts below :)

*throws shades on*
XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥

2 comments:

  1. I go above and beyond everyday just to put a smile on people's face never expecting anything in return I feel its better that way but it does take its toll sometimes the feeling of being taken for granted but i feel happier with myself at the end of the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comment! I feel the same way. I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when I feel like I've made someone's day lol. On the other hand sometimes I find myself getting mad at people b/c they don't treat me like I do them, but I remind myself that not everyone thinks like me. The reward is a greater one that we can't see right now, but it will come :)

    ReplyDelete