Thursday, November 17, 2011

[Throwback Thursday] I Wish



When I woke up this morning and came in to work, it was rainy and cold and definitely going to be a dreary one all day. To me this is the perfect cuddle weather. Well I wanted to do a sad love song for #ThrowbackThursday to emulate the effects of the weather, and this is the first thing that came to mind lol. I absolutely loved this song when I was younger. You couldn't tell me Carl Thomas wasn't going to be bigger than he was!

When "I Wish" first came out, the piano on the beat and the lyrics to the song just made it stand out so much. I had never really heard a song from the point of view of a male who had found out that his girlfriend was actually married. That's something you hear coming from a female perspective all the time, but rarely ever a male. It was pretty dope how he turned that into such an emotional song over one of the sickest beats ever (in my opinion).

I also was a huge fan of both of his songs "Emotional" with Faith Evans as well as "Summer Rain". Sheesh I would give ANYTHING to have my old 90's music back! Check out the video below!

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment