Thursday, November 10, 2011

[Throwback Thursday] RIP Heavy D



I'm sure you all have heard by now that hip hop legend Heavy D passed away on November 8th at the mere age of 44. He's best known for his group Heavy D & The Boyz and the hits "Now That We Found Love", "Nothing But Love", and "Big Daddy". I was sooo young when he was out in the hip hop world, but I remember all of these being my jams! Especially "Big Daddy"! He also had a cameo appearance in Biggie's video for "One More Chance". Not to mention he rapped the verses for the theme songs for both "In Living Color" and "MadTV". Dope right? I also just went to the movies this past weekend to see Tower Heist and to my surprise he actually had a small role in that movie as well.

The BCF wants to send prayers out to his family and the fans that will carry on his memory forever. I'm glad he was featured on the BET Hip Hop Awards back in October and got a chance to show the world that he still had it. Is it just me or are people passing more frequently these days? Just 18 hours before Heavy's death was announced, he has just tweeted RIP Joe Frazier and paid respect to the late boxer. How weird is that? You just never know when it will be your time to go smh.

Check out the two throwback videos for the day dedicated to Heavy D! He will be missed!

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥


"Candy Rain" Remix- Soul For Real & Heavy D

"Heavy D and Soul For Real!"


"Big Daddy" Heavy D

"I want your body, the way you touch me. Gotta be your caddy, you can be my Big Daddy"

Ya'll just don't know how much I used to love these two songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment