Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Was Just Frontin'


For the most part, I'm one of those type of people who write about my feelings rather than speak on them. I write EVERYTHING down. I even write down important memories so I will never forget them as I grow older. On the contrary, this causes me to have a very hard time expressing my feelings and communicating in relationships. Instead I take those emotions and put them on paper. Also we all have insecurities of some sort whether it be your physical appearance, insecurities in your character or traits, relationships, family life... ANYTHING can make you insecure to some extent.

So here I am writing all these feelings down, and as I went back to read I realized that I am brutally honest with myself. Now I know that I'll never let anyone read what I write to myself. Ever. BUT what I write is so true and so real. I'm totally honest with myself about my faults and my flaws. I'm an open book and I know what I need to work on. I know what I do wrong (for the most part) and I know what my issues with myself are. Of course I don't go around telling everyone else these things, because it's not for everyone to know. However I don't go around making myself out to be something that I'm not either.


Now I said all of that to get to this point... There are so many people who cannot be honest with themselves. Sheesh I have sooo many examples I could use on this one lol, but I'll just give you a general idea. Think about the word fronting and think about the first person who comes to your mind when you think of that word. I'm sure that person is living a total lie. And everyone knows that they're not really about what they appear to be, and they know that about themselves as well, yet they still carry on the charade of pretending to be something they're not.

For instance take a guy who's broke but is always in the club trying to buy out the bar, then he gets home and can't even pay his cell phone bill. Or better yet, think about a woman who always has the latest designer clothes but she steals them and no one knows. Those are ways that you can be fronting for the public, but when it comes to you putting on for yourself then there's a problem. I guess there's no way of really knowing when someone isn't honest with himself/herself about their life. But I look at it like this... If you're putting on for everyone else then you have to be putting on for yourself as well. How can anyone go home and sleep peacefully knowing that they live a lie? It's one thing for that guy to acknowledge to himself that he's broke right now... I guarantee he'll spend his money more wisely than by trying to entertain women with things he knows he can't afford. And the same goes for that woman. You certainly aren't obligated to tell anyone that you steal, but if you happen to go around putting on like you worked hard for it and bought it then you're living a lie.

In no way am I trying to step on anyone's toes or make myself seem better than anyone else, but we all know that this is true! And let me make clear in no way am I referring to anyone particularly above, I just see it so often from different people trying to impress the world that I felt like it should be said. At the end of the day, all you have to impress is yourself and God. I think a lot of us get caught up in the hypes of worldy things that we tend to forget our morals in life. If you can't be true to you, then who can you be true to?

What are your thoughts on people trying to impress others, all the while putting on a front?? Let us know!!

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment