Monday, July 11, 2011

Positive Mondays!

Me & my little cousin Talea.. Hadn't seen her in almost 2 years!

Happy Monday!! I woke up feeling EXTREMELY positive today and rightfully so! First of all I woke up this morning! There are so many people in this world who will not see today, but I am here. I'm at my decent paying job, and even though I don't really CARE for it, there are so many people who have no job at all. Those same people also have children to feed, bills to pay, and need money to live on just like me. So I am blessed to be here another day and to have a good job!

Remember last weekend was my family reunion on my dad's side? Well this weekend I had a few family members from my mom's side to come in town that I hadn't seen in awhile. I LOVE FAMILY! There is never a dull moment, and this weekend was so much fun. We cooked out both Friday and Saturday, and my aunt cooked this delicious Sunday dinner. And on top of that everyone got along great, and had a good time just catching up and vibing to good music.
Yesterday I also went to church and as usual I felt the pastor was really speaking directly to me. This time however, he used my exact situation as the theme for his sermon. He used his wife as an example, stating how she had a child out of wedlock but God still blessed her because he forgives all sins. He went on to say how she was blessed enough to marry a pastor, and she has the gift of seeing visions and things in people that others cannot see. He then used another girl who was younger, and told her that she could get the exact same blessings in life and so much more. It just really made me realize that if I stay focused on God and the positive things in my life, so much more will come out of it in the long run.
On top of all this, I had been waiting on something to come through for me financially, and I received that blessing in the mail on Saturday. You know how you just get down to that last little bit of hope left in you and then what you're waiting for finally happens? That's how I felt Saturday, so it's no way you can't tell me that God isn't the one behind all the good things that have been taking place for me lately.

Ironically, all these things are starting to happen to me at the point in life where I felt alone in the REAL world. For the first time in my life, I don't have a boyfriend or talk to anyone for that matter. And for the first time in my life, I'm content with that. I spent so much time in past years trying to get and keep a man, that I lost focus on myself. I forgot about alot of things that I love to do, and lost myself in the men I dated before. On top of that, I've cut off MANY friends and associates. More than I can count actually. I have like 3 people that I talk to regularly, but they all have the same goals as me overall, so I know I don't have to worry about any negativity from them. I've also distanced myself from a lot of negative people, including family as well. But I realize that when I focus on me and my relationship with God, I don't really need any other relationships right now. I'm perfectly okay with that.

I really don't even sound like myself right now to me! LOL... I'm not trying to shove spirituality down anyone's throats, just letting you know that I KNOW everything good happening to me is coming from a higher source. And everything bad that happens comes from God letting me know he's still in control. Either way, I owe everything to him.

If you'd like to share any positive quotes, experiences, songs, etc let us know in the comments! QOTD: "It doesn't matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go." - Bob Proctor

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss <3

No comments:

Post a Comment