Friday, August 5, 2011

Charge It To My Head, Not My Heart



I was listening to my local radio station 102 Jamz this morning on my way to work, and every morning they have a section called "Girl Talk". I love listening to different radio shows and hearing other people's opinions on social and relationship issues. This morning the topic was something that I'm constantly debating with myself about as well as others. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks about this either! I have to ask you guys, when dealing with relationships is it better to go by your head or your heart??

Of course I can't just answer this simply, lol I can't only pick one. I think it's necessary to use both, depending on the actual situation. By only using the head instead of the heart , people can't really be happy or in love in my opinion. They would be constantly running from the relationship when the smallest problems arise. Those who think this way usually carry the mindstate that they need to get out before they get left or something goes wrong. Don't get me wrong, this group of people are usually the ones who are very headstrong and independent. But at the same time they usually find themselves single, yet steady saying they don't need a man/woman lol #justsayin.

On the other hand, the ones that always use their heart and not their head are ALWAYS failing. Lol I'm serious though, I've been guilty quite a few times in the past of only using my heart and never my head. What can I say, my heart is too big *flashes teeth* lol... but any way, trust me when I say it's a must that you use your head in every aspect of a relationship. Those who only use their hearts are the ones who are stuck in relationships they don't want or NEED to be in because of love. I've seen so many people who put up with the most bs because of love and I just shake my head. But when you're the one whose actually IN that situation, it doesn't seem so crazy to you. "Love will make you do some crazyyyy things" *in my Deborah Cox voice* LOL! But seriously, if you find yourself in this type of situation where you only use your heart to make decisions, you might want to take a step back and reevaluate your love for yourself. That's greater than any love from anyone else #fact.

For these two reasons I believe that it's important to have a balance between your head and your heart. I think you'll know what's REALLY right when those two are in agreement with one another. But when they're not, use your common sense in all situations (hope you have some lol) and use your heart to remind yourself that there is a reason you're with that person. If it really comes down to a point where you're torn between love and what's best for you, I recommend you go with your head. Your heart will lead you to places where you want to be even if it's not the best for you. Nine times out of ten your head will take you where you need to be in the long run. #bawse ;)


XOXO,
LaBellaBoss <3

No comments:

Post a Comment