Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Overtime On You Cuz I'm Going To Work!

*throws shades on like a bawse*
Good morning bosses and boss chics! I give you permission to talk junk to me for my lack of posts, I know I've slacked off for the past two weeks but I promise I still had you guys in my heart :) I just finished up my last semester before receiving my associates degree last week, and I've been taking time for myself to just do nothing for once. I guess it's time for me to get my head back in the game, a break is always good but if you make it too long you'll get lazy! Trust me I know lol.

Since I didn't  do a post yesterday, this kind of ties in to Positive Monday, but from experience I felt like it needed to be said. As I said before, I really took a break and did absolutely nothing during the time that I wasn't blogging. I mean I played random games on my phone, read on my Kindle, watched Christmas movies with Trey, hung out with my friends and a special guy, etc. I really took time out for myself to just get away from everything and it felt great.

However, I also started to find it difficult to get back into the swing of things as time went on. When I initially decided to take time away from all of my work (minus my actual job), I wasn't planning for it to last almost two weeks. Once I got used to doing nothing, I really didn't want to do ANYTHING else! I started putting tasks off and telling myself that I could do them another day, especially if they didn't need my immediate attention. I got super lazy and this was all within two weeks!

I said all of this to pretty much say that it is so easy for us to fall into complacency and not want to do anything once we get used to it. I never understood until now how people choose not to work. There are so many people in the world who would rather live on welfare and government assistance rather than going out and working themselves. I've always been a go getter and I like to take care of myself, but I can see how easy it is to get used to not working and having someone else take care of you.

It's so easy to talk yourself into thinking that everything is okay when it's not. During my "mental break" I convinced myself on numerous occasions that it would be okay to take another day from blogging. When you think like this though, you almost never reach your goals. I had to remind myself that I have plans for my blog and other things in my life, and they don't get done by themselves. If you want to separate yourself from mediocrity you have to suck it up and put in work. Tasks that need to get done don't handle themselves!

In a nutshell, you always need to take time for yourself but don't make it where you can't pick back up where you left off. This is why I'm always stressing how important it is to take time for yourself every now and then so you won't become over worked. When you do, you'll want to take a really long break because you feel like you deserve it (which you do), but too much time off is never a good thing. Have you ever been in a position before where you took a break and felt like you just didn't want to do anything at all anymore?? Leave us with a comment below, and check out my song of the day to make you want to put in a little work!

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥




SN: Meek Mill is my future husband, just thought ya'll should know! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment