Monday, October 24, 2011

[Positive Mondays] Please Don't Shoot Me Down


Throw your shades on for #PositiveMonday!! I hope everyone had a good day today to start off a good week, sorry I'm a little late on the post for today. I usually do these in the mornings between calls while I'm at work, but lately I haven't had much spare time. Anywho, I know I said I was going to do a video for every Positive Monday post to go along with the theme, however this post was something that I really wanted to put out there and I couldn't think of a song to go with it lol.

I was watching Lala's show earlier tonight where she had a conversation with her cousin Dice about her sexuality. Lala was basically telling Dice that she shouldn't worry about what other people would say about her having a girlfriend, she just needs to forget the rest and make herself happy. This inspired my post today because so many people I know, including myself, hinder ourselves from doing what we really want in life because we're afraid of what people will think.

Regardless of how much we say we don't care what anyone thinks about us, this isn't true at all. There's at least one person in the world that all of us care about whether it be a family member, close friend, or someone of the opposite sex. Many times when we tell people our dreams or what we plan to do in life, or just any plans in general, they tend to shoot us down. Most of the time it's unintentional. Think about it like this... If you have goals of going off to acting school and moving away to LA to star in movies, but you're from a small time with small minded people... everyone you tell that dream to is probably going to shoot you down. And it's not because they don't believe in you, but a lot of times people don't have the ability to dream as big as others and don't get the big picture.

Your own mom could be the person to discourage you from your dreams just because she may not see the big picture. It could be that she didn't have as many opportunities as you in her own time, which could make her think you won't be able to reach your goals. What I've tried to start doing is tell less and less people my dreams and goals in life. For every ten people you tell, I can guarantee that at least one will have something negative to say. It could even be that more than one person will have something negative to say, and all in different aspects of the subject. Can you imagine getting excited about an idea then have ten people give you ten different reasons of why it won't work? As long as you hold on to your faith and confidence in yourself, you should NEVER let someone else get in the way of your dreams.

I know this sort of ties in to last week's post for Positive Monday, but last week I mentioned how it is we ourselves that get in our own way of success because of self doubt. But trust me, the most confident people in the world could lose that at the blink of an eye if they don't get the right amount of support from those around them or have at least one positive person on their team believing in them.

Don't become a victim of other people's opinions. They can have you thinking that the most brilliant idea is the dumbest thing you've ever let slide out of your mouth. Stay true to YOU, set your goals high, and work hard to get where you want to be!

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment