Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Change Comes Eventually

Celebs on NYE
Happy New Year bosses and boss chics! I hope everyone brought it in safely and in good spirits. With the new year comes constant talk of changing for the better, changing ways, changing habits... All you see on Facebook and twitter statuses is change. On the contrary, you also see people posting about how we shouldn't wait until the new year to make changes that we know already should be made, which I totally agree with.

Since many make New Year's resolutions that they plan to stick to every year, I think this holiday is the one that is most centered around change and self reflection. But what I think we fail to realize is that we have to actually want to change in order to make it happen. How many times have you made a new year's resolution only to break it after a few weeks or months into the year? I do it all the time. More than anything it's because we're not actually ready for the change that we commit to, or we're not serious about getting there.

I think when you really want to change something, you go ahead and do it without waiting until a new year to start. Just because a new year begins, doesn't mean a new year makes a new you. If that's the case we would all do a 360 every single year. We need to start making each new year a sign of personal growth and set new goals with each year, not specifically try to change our whole life around at once. The main thing we don't want is to become stagnant or stuck in life, and the only way to make sure that doesn't happen is to set goals and reach for them.

I believe that a good change progresses over time rather than all at once. They always say that good things come to those who wait, and I feel the same way about positive changes. We can't evolve into who we want to be over night, it takes plenty of time and lots of work on ourselves. This year I didn't set any new year's resolutions but I have set goals that I want to obtain. Just to name a few, I'm praying for a new job this year and hopefully a new place to call my own. I also plan to do double work on the Boss Chic Files to get it out there more, keep my car clean this year (trivial but you should see mine lol), and do some volunteer work around my community if I can. Last but not least, as far as physical goals that I can go out and do on my own, I have a goal set to take Trey somewhere out of the ordinary (zoo, aquarium, children's museum etc) once a month so we can spend time together doing something different.
As far as more emotional goals, I set one to put myself and my son first. Regardless of how anyone feels about any of my actions, I'm going to do what I want to do and what's best for me and him because we're all that counts at the end of the day. Too often I change my mind about what I want to do because I let valued opinions and comments discourage me, leaving me confused about what I really want. I have a hard time accepting people being mad at me, or disagreeing with me. Too often I let people tell me what they think is best for me and I accept that, instead of going for what I really want. No more of that this year. I also have goals to be more firm in my approach towards others. It takes a lot for me to say what I feel to people, yet they have no problems popping off at me. I think it's about time I stop considering others' feelings before my own and get my point across when I need to be heard :)

What are your goals and aspirations for 2012?? We'd love to hear what moves our boss chics/bosses plan on making for the new year! Hit us up in the comments and let us know your thoughts!

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment