Thursday, January 12, 2012

[Throwback Thursday] Hit Em Up Style



With all the hype surrounding Beyonce' and Jay-Z's newborn daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, I thought what better way to go about #ThrowbackThursday than with a song by none other than Blu Cantrell! Who remembers her debut song from 2001 "Hit Em Up Style (Oops!)"?? I used to love this song!

I remember this coming out during my annual summer trip with my dad. We were either in Myrtle Beach or Florida, I can't remember, but they used to play it constantly. Since I was young I've always been a music head, and I pretty much can call whenever someone will be a one hit wonder or not. Not to be mean, but I figured she would be because she didn't give me any lasting impressions that made me want to know more about her. However, the song was very catchy!

Since we mentioned Bey and Jay, supposedly Blu (born Tiffany Cobbs) used to date Jay-Z before Beyonce', and it's even rumored that Beyonce' broke them up. Do ya'll believe that? She does kind of resemble Bey lol.

You can check out the video below and feel free to leave a comment with your opinion! It's always good to hear what you all think about everything posted here :)

"Hey ladies when your man wanna get buck wild, just throw back the hit em up style... spend it to the last dime for all his hard crimes" lol now that's #bawse

XOXO,
LaBellaBoss ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment